It was seeing the development of her own son which led Jane Atkinson to open her own play therapy company for children with Asperger syndrome and autism.
Jane’s son, George, was diagnosed with severe autism when he was only two years old. She claims that doctors told her that George would not be able to learn basic life skills and that she should consider putting her son into residential care.
Now George is a confident 18-year-old studying Foundation Learning at Brockenhurst College, alongside working a part-time job for Kidz Camp UK. Read More
Taster Workshop Saturday 17th December 2016
Positive Path are developing workshops which will involve singing, drums and percussion, play and drama. These will be co-ordinated by Positive Path co-founder Jane Atkinson. Jane will be running the play and drama groups, Greg Pepper, a professional musician, will be running the drum and percussion groups and Rachel Rafter, a professional singer, will run the singing groups. Your child will have the chance to experience all the groups.
This will be an opportunity for parents to leave their children in a fun and nurturing environment for a few hours, but Jane Atkinson will also offer parent consultations at the workshops.
Singing, Drums & Percussion, Play & Drama Workshops for Children on the Autistic Spectrum
Three professionals will be conducting the workshops on Fridays and Saturdays:
• Jane Atkinson – Play and Drama
• Co-founder, created the therapy, initially to help her son. Oxforshire Council (where she lived at the time) were so impressed with her son’s development they funded her to keep him at home and continue his therapy for 7 years. Further details are available at: www.positivepathplaytherapy.co.uk. Jane has been both professional actress and Montessouri headmistress.
• Greg Pepper – Drums and Percussion
• Rachel Rafter – Singing Workshop Format:
• Maximum 25 children and young adults per workshop: (Max 10 play/drama, 10 singing, 5 drums & percussion
• Maximum six-hour workshops with 1 hour lunch included
• Two half-hour sessions (pre-lunch and at the end) free play / music sessions
• Jane Atkinson will be offering parent consultation sessions
Aims and Objectives:
• Improve communication, socialisation, confidence and motivation
for children and young adults to help them reach their true potential
• Make new friends
• Respite for the family
• Jane will also offer parent consultations.
Positive Path Music and Play Therapy Workshops start January 2017 at:
Iford United Reformed Church
5 Regent Drive
Please contact Jane on 07979 691429 or